Appropriate Preposition with R & S Letter
1. Recover from (সুস্থ হওয়া; পূর্ব অবস্থায় ফিরে আসা): The patient has not yet recovered from his severe illness.
2. Refer to (সিদ্ধান্তের জন্য প্রেরণ করা): The matter was referred to the Chairman for a decision.
3. Regard for (সম্মান): Good boys have great regard for their teachers.
4. Relieve of (মুক্ত করা): Sadnan will relieve you of your burden.
5. Rely on (নির্ভর করা): We should not rely on a lazy man.
6. Remind of (স্মরণ করিয়ে দেওয়া): He reminded me of his request to lend him some money.
7. Replace by/with (বদলে নেওয়া): The old broken-chair was replaced by/with a new one.
8. Retire from (অবসর গ্রহণ করা): His father will retire from job next year.
9. Revenge on/upon (প্রতিশোধ গ্রহণ করা): Sohana will revenge herself on Rabeya for cheating.
10. Reward with (পুরস্কৃত করা): Karisma was rewarded with wrist watch for her good work.
11. Rich in (সমৃদ্ধ): Bangladesh is rich in natural resources.
12. Rule over (শাসন করা): In the absence of the Parliament, the President rules over the country.
13. Rejoice at/in (আনন্দ করা): Everybody rejoiced at/in his success.
14. Relevant to (প্রাসঙ্গিক): Your answer is not exactly relevant to my question.
15. Refrain from (বিরত রাখা বা থাকা): I refrained him from smoking.
16. Regret for (দুঃখ করা): We regretted for his failure.
17. Remedy for (প্রতিকার): There is no remedy for his misbehavior.
18. Relation with (সম্পর্ক): I have no relation with the culprit.
19. Respond to (উত্তর দেওয়া): Nobody responded to my call.
20. Render into (অনুবাদ করা): Render the passage into Bengali.
21. Repent of (অনুতাপ করা): I repented of my past.
22. Repentance for (অনুতাপ): He has repentance for the past.
23. Respect for (শ্রদ্ধা): We should have respect for our seniors.
24. Rid of (মুক্তি দেওয়া): He will get rid of troubles soon.
25. Run after (পশ্চাদানুসরণ করা): Do not run after money.
26. Run over (চাপা পড়া): The man was run over by a truck.
Appropriate Preposition with S Letter
1. Side with (পক্ষ অবলম্বন করা): The Chairman sided with the powerful party.
2. Short of (অপর্যাপ্ত): I am running short of money.
3. Shocked at (মানসিক আঘাতপ্রাপ্ত): Snigdha was terribly shocked at the death of Ratul.
4. Sentence to, for (দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া): He was sentenced to death for murder.
5. Senior to (বয়সে বড়): He is senior to me by two years.
6. Send for (ডেকে পাঠানো): Send for a doctor immediately.
7. Search for (সন্ধান করা): The police searched the halls of residence for arms.
8. Satisfied with (সন্তুষ্ট): The authoress was highly satisfied with Jerry.
9. Sanguine of (নিশ্চিত বা আশান্বিত): Be sanguine of your success.
10. Sad at (দুঃখিত): All his colleagues were very sad at his transfer from this place.
11. Similar to (সদৃশ): My T-shirt is similar to yours.
12. Sick of (ক্লান্ত): He is sick of this idle life.
13. Smile on/upon (অনুগ্রহ করা): Fortune smiles on/upon the brave.
14. Stare at (চাওয়া বা তাকানো): He stares at me.
15. Stick to (দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা): We should always stick to our decisions.
16. Subject to (সাপেক্ষে): The man was appointed subject to the approval of the chairman.
17. Substitute for (বদলে দেওয়া): This action is substitute for that.
18. Suit for, to (যোগ্য): An hot-tempered man is not suited for teaching. The Principal’s speech was not suited to the occasion.
19. Suitable for (উপযোগী): Murad will be highly suitable for this work.
20. Superior to (উচ্চপদস্থ): A Deputy Secretary is not superior to a Deputy Commissioner in rank.
21. Support of (অবলম্বন): After his retirement, his son has become the chief support of his family.
22. Sure of (নিশ্চিত): We were sure of his brilliant success.
23. Surprised at (বিস্মিত): I was surprised at his conduct.
24. Succeed in (সাফল্য লাভ করা): He succeeded in life.
25. Suffer from (কষ্ট পাওয়া): He has been suffering from fever for last three days.
26. Suspicious of (সন্দিহান): My boss is always suspicious of my sincerity.
27. Supplement to (সম্পূরক): This answer is a supplement to that letter.
28. Subsist on (বেঁচে থাকা): The poor subsist mainly on rice and pulses.
29. Sympathy for (সহানুভূতি): We have no sympathy for him.