1. Hanker after (লোভ করা): He hankers after riches.
2. Hatred for (ঘৃণা): I have no hatred for anyone.
3. Hard of (কানে খাটো বা কম শোনা): Ratan is a hard of hearing.
4. Heir of (উত্তরাধিকারী): He is the heir of his father.
5. Heir to (উত্তরাধিকার পাওয়া): He is an heir to a vast property.
6. Hope for (আশা করা): Let us hope for the best.
7. Hostile to (বিরোধী বা বিরূপ ভাবাপন্ন): Nobody is hostile to you.
8. Hunger for (আকাঙ্কা): The teacher has a great hunger for knowledge.
1. Identical with (একই ধরণের): You are identical with you sister.
2. Ignorant of (অজ্ঞ, অবিদিত): I was ignorant of his miseries.
3. Indebted to (ঋণী): We are indebted to the great leaders of the country for their service.
4. Informed of (অবহিত): I was not informed of your misfortune.
5. Innocent of (নির্দেশ): The maid servant was proved innocent of the alleged theft.
6. Inquire of, about, into, after (অনুসন্ধান করা): Roma inquired of me about my father’s health. The police will inquire into the cause of fire. Mehjabin inquired after her friends.
7. Invite to (নিমন্ত্রণ করা): Only the elite will be invited to the meeting.
8. Ill with (অসুস্থ): He is ill with fever.
9. Indifferent to (উদাসীন): Everybody is indifferent to my problem.
10. Indulge in (প্রশ্রয় দেওয়া): You should not indulge in idleness.
11. Insist on (জিদ করা): He insisted on my going to cinema.
12. Involved in (জড়িত): He is involved in the plot.
13. Inferior to (হীন): He is inferior to his neighbor.
14. Irrespective of (নির্বিশেষে): All were invited to the party irrespective of color, class, and creed.
1. Jealous of (ঈর্ষাপরায়ণ): Women are generally jealous of one another.
2. Junior to (নিম্মপদস্থ): Mr. Kabir is junior to me in work experience.
3. Justice to (ন্যায় বিচার): We should do justice to everybody.
1. Key of, to (চাবি, সমাধানের উপায়): This is the key of the Almirah. I have found out the key to the solution of this problem.
2. Knock at (ধাক্কা দেওয়া): Do not knock the door suddenly.