Appropriate Preposition with A
11. Accuse of (অভিযুক্ত হওয়া): He was accused of theft.
12. Acquainted with (পরিচিত থাকা): I am not acquainted with the Dr Khalek.
13. Access to (প্রবেশাধিকার): You have no access to the Headmaster.
14. Acceptable to (গ্রহণযোগ্য): This evidence is not acceptable to me.
15. According to (অনুসারে): He completed it according to your order.
16. Account for (কারণ দর্শানো): You should account for your disobedience.
17. Accountable to (দায়ী থাকা): He is not accountable to anyone for his work.
18. Accustomed to (অভ্যস্ত): I am not accustomed to this fashion.
19. Accompanied with/by (সঙ্গে): He came here accompanied with/by his friend.
20. Adapt for (উপযোগী করে নেওয়া): This book has been adapted for the children.
21. Adept in (দক্ষ): He is adept in singing.
22. Adopt to (খাপ খাওয়ানো): Everybody must adopt himself to new environment.
23. Add to (বৃদ্ধি করা, যোগ করা): The doll-dance in the exhibition added to our pleasure.
24. Addicted to (খারাপ কিছুতে আসক্ত): Many youngsters are now addicted to drug.
25. Adequate for (পর্যাপ্ত): The loan given by the bank is not adequate for the farming project.
26. Adequate to (সমানুপাতিক): The salary, he gets, is not adequate to the volume of work he has to do.
27. Adjacent to (সংলগ্ন): The Post Office is adjacent to my house.
28. Admit of (স্থান করা, সুযোগপ্রাপ্ত হওয়া): His offence admits of no explanation.
29. Admit to (ভর্তি করা): The boy was admitted to class Nine.
30. Admit into (প্রবেশ করতে দেওয়া): Only the selected people were admitted into the theater.
31. Adorn with (সাজানো/সজ্জিত করা): Adorn the car with flowers.
32. Afraid of (ভীত): An honest man is not afraid of anybody.
33. Affection for (স্নেহ): She has a great affection for me.
34. Affectionate to (স্নেহশীল): He is very affectionate to his baby.
35. Agree with, on, to (একমত হওয়া): My father agreed with me on this point, but he did not agree to my proposal to set up a canteen.
36. Aim at (আঘাত করার জন্য লক্ষ্য স্থির করা): The hunter aimed at the tiger.
37. Alarm at, by, for (আসংকা করা/শঙ্কিত হওয়া): I was not alarmed at/by the news, but I was alarmed for their safety.
38. Alive to (জাগ্রত,সচেতন): We must be alive to the dangers ahead.
39. Alive with (পূর্ণ): The pond is alive with fishes.
40. Allot to (বরাদ্দ করা): A seat in the school hostel was allotted to Abir.
41. Aloof from (দূরে থাকা): Kabir remains aloof from bad boys.
42. Amazed at (আশ্চর্যান্বিত হওয়া): Everybody was amazed at the conduct of the student leader.
43. Ambition for (উচ্চাকাঙ্ক্ষা): I have no ambition for the throne.
44. Ambitious of (উচ্চাকাঙ্ক্ষী): The leader was not ambitious of power.
45. Amount to (সমপরিমাণ হওয়া): His scholarship money amounted to Tk. 10,000 only.
46. Amused at, by, with (আনন্দ দেয়া/আনন্দ পাওয়া) Everybody was amused at/by/with this cartoon.
47. Angry with (ক্রুদ্ধ হওয়া): The teacher was very angry with the students.
48. Annoyed with, for (বিরক্ত হওয়া): The officer was annoyed with the clerk for being late.
49. Answer for (জবাবদিহি করা): Everybody will have to answer for his misdeeds.
50. Anxious about, for (উদ্বিগ্ন): Karim is anxious about his father’s death. Karim is anxious for getting a job.
51. Angry at (ব্যক্তি ছাড়া অন্য কিছুর প্রতি রাগান্বিত): I am angry at his conduct.
52. Annoyed with (ব্যক্তির সাথে বিরক্ত হওয়া): I am annoyed with him.
53. Annoyed at (ব্যক্তি ছাড়া অন্যকিছুর প্রতি বিরক্ত): They were annoyed at his rough behavior.
54. Authority on (বিশেষজ্ঞ পন্ডিত): Dr. Kamal was an authority on English literature.
55. Apologize to, for (ক্ষমা প্রার্থনা করা, দুঃখসহ ত্রুটি স্বীকার করা): The student apologized to the Principal for adopting unfair means in the examination.
56. Appeal to, for (সনির্বন্ধ আবেদন করা): The flood affected people appealed to the President for relief.
57. Appetite for (ক্ষুধা): He has no appetite for food.
58. Apply to, for (আবেদন করা): Sumi applied to the Principal for free studentship.
59. Appoint to (নিযুক্ত করা/হওয়া): Mr Kibria has been appointed to the post of Headmaster.
60. Aptitude for (প্রবণতা): He has no aptitude for public service.
61. Appropriate to (যোগ্য): His answer is appropriate to the question.
62. Appear at/in (উপস্থিত হওয়া): I should appear at/in the exam hall in time.
63. Apart from (দূরে): They live apart from each other.
64. Arrange for (ব্যবস্থা করা): We have arranged everything for our study tour.
65. Arrive at (উপস্থিত হওয়া, পৌছানো): The train arrived at Dhaka station on time.
66. Argue with (কথা কাটাকাটি করা): They always argue with me.
67. Ashamed of (লজ্জিত): Nandini was ashamed of his wrong-doing.
68. Associate with, in (জড়িত হওয়া): This man was associated with robbery.
69. Assure of (আশ্বাস দেওয়া): I can assure you of the Principal’s honesty.
70. Astonished at (বিস্ময়-বিহবল হওয়া): We were astonished at his unexpected success.
71. Assent to (সম্মতি দেওয়া): The President has assented to the bill.
72. Ask for (চাওয়া): Do not ask him for any help because he doesn’t like to help anyone.
73. Attach to (সংযুক্ত করা): All certificates were attached to the application.
74. Attain to (লাভ করা): He will not attain to his objective so soon.
75. Attest to (প্রত্যয়ন করা): I like to attest to your ability.
76. Attend to (মনোযোগ দেওয়া): Please attend to my advice.
77. Attend on/upon (সেবা করা): We should attend on/upon the ailing patient.
78. Attention to (মনোযোগ): He has no attention to his studies.
79. Attentive to (মনোযোগী): He is attentive to his business.
80. Attacked with (আক্রান্ত): He is attacked with malaria.
81. Attacked by (আক্রান্ত ব্যক্তিবাচক): He has been attacked by a gang of robbers.
82. Avail of (সদ্ব্যবহার করা): I shall avail myself of the first trip to London tomorrow.
83. Aware of (অবগত): I am not aware of his dishonesty.
84. Agree with (ব্যক্তির সাথে একমত হওয়া): I agree with you.
85. Agree to (ব্যক্তি ছাড়া অন্যকিছুর সাথে একমত হওয়া): We cannot agree to your proposal.
86. Akin to (সমজাতীয়):These are akin to one another.